Some changes in plans kept me away from Foxy Loxy longer than expected but I was surprised to find that my first masking tape application wasn't a bust. The room where the sculptures are kept is right off the pool so I expected to find all the tape to have fallen off but somehow the humidity actually helped secure it! Right on! (Wow, not sure if I've ever used that expression before, but I like it.) : - )
I knew that the process would be slow but he's coming along. It will require taping and painting (about 3-4 coats for the yellows), letting these dry and repeat with the next colour. It's good to have a plan of attack and have the "big picture" in mind, but the secret to not becoming overwhelmed is sticking to that plan! (A note to self as I begin to become overwhelmed with how much there is to do!)
I don't think I've ever shared my work in progress, certainly not as I'm working on it, so this is a rather vulnerable but fun exercise for me! This summer I loved seeing the progress of the artists in residence and I discovered that many artists feel a little self-conscious about showing their work before it's complete. But there was so much value for me to see them at work and such a delight to finally see the polished pieces. I do confess I took a peek at the other foxes in progress and they are looking fantastic!